I wouldn't have even thought twice about this post until I went "public" but, though I do love most of you, I just have to keep it real.I have heard every excuse in the dang books from too many people about why they can't exercise. About why it is easier for me, than it is for them. Now hold on to your "I'm offended face." I don't get to be offended when everyone is preaching to me about why I can do it and they can't... of a few of my personal
- You don't have kids.
- I can't run.
- You have the lap-band.
- I don't have money for the gym.
- I have too many other commitments.
- I have a life.
- I just don't have the time.
- I work.
- I just don't like it.
- I have bad knees, ankles, butt... i've heard it all.
- I'll start tomorrow, Monday... February.
- (Insert your own excuse here.)
Now I'm not perfect, and there are
I have my own list of excuses, ready?
- My muscles are sore.
- I can lose weight without it (though slowly, or maybe not at this point in my journey.)
- It is too cold.
- It is too hot.
- I have dogs that need attention.
- I want to spend time with my family.
- I want to go ...
- I just DO NOT WANNA!
It isn't easy for anyone. Not even the mega fit people (at least I don't think.)
So what I'm requesting is just identify your
excuses reasons for what they really are.
“Quite often we change our jobs, friends and spouses instead of changing ourselves.” ~