Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Because I am just that awesome!

Let me tell you about the workout from hell tonight that caused me to say words that no lady mutters... alright... I may say them on a regular basis.

The warm up went like this....

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
Burpees
Situps

Oh ya, you are guessing right. 10 burpees, 10 situps, 9 burpees, 9 situps... well you get the freaking idea. The point was to do it as quickly as possible for time.
Took me 8 min.

Then we did some "mobility" which just means stretching like you never imaginied.

Then an 8 min AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)

6 medicine ball cleans (20 pounds)
8 Push presses (65 pounds)
12 20" box jumps

Now this is the part where I become awesome... When you do a workout just like it written on the "board" then you Rx it or "do it just liked it was prescribed."

Well ladies I FREAKING DID it tonight. I made it through 3 rounds and 6 reps into the next round...

I RX'd that WOD!

My friend The Warrior reminded us today that most people don't complete their journey in a striaght line without detours and pitfalls! How true is that!

2 comments: