Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I'm converted

To CrossFit.

I am not saying it is the be all and end all of exercise.

I firmly believe that each person has to find their fit.

Some swim (which I do not like.)
Some use the elptical (which I don't really like either.)

Some of us run, which I truly enjoy but I don't want to do every day.
Some of us bike... which is one of my FAVORITE, but in the forzen land I live in it is really only possible a few months of the year.

I've been know to Zumb@ and shake my butt like it is on fire.

From the first time I tried CrossFit, I knew it was the kind of punishment for me.

Reason #1- I am totally into a group of people that are cheering you on, not letting you quit.

Reason #2- I love that it is always different.

Reason #3- I love the trainers and how they always help me to be more than I thought I could be.

This is the big reason........


I haven't ran since November after my Ragnar... I just kinda got tired of it. Bored.

So in January I started Crossfit. And the journey began.

So THE BIG REASON. Reason number 4.

I ran tonight. I ran 2.6 miles (5 mph and 5.5 mph) without stopping and felt A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I think Laura Bell would say "amazing balls."

So I can train for running without running every day? I am in.

Sold.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds great ! You MIGHT just get me to try crssfit b/c of the enthusiasm in your post. I said might.......hmmmm...we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE CrossFit too! I like learning all the new moves and actually lifting weights. Can't wait until I can get back into it... hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the thought of Cross fit scares me to death- but its all about pushing pur boundries and getting out of comfort zone. I may just have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Flippin Rock!!! So Proud of you for unlocking the secret ... find an exercise that you love to do every day and keep on doing it! whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is what has amazed me about running too! I have ditched it for a time, then go back to it, and I am still able to run! It almost feels better that way sometimes! I am still in awe of you love of cross fit! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete