Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Flat chested hooker/ and weigh in

What is your relationship like with the scale?

Personally, she is like my master. 

Every morning (with few exceptions) this is my routine. 

I potty (praying for a little #2 so that the scale will be THAT MUCH kinder.) 

I take my clothes off.

I say a little prayer.

I tap it.

Think to myself I really need to paint those toe nails while waiting for the double zeros.

Step on, praying again for a certain number.

Step off. 

If the number was what I expected, then I get dressed and start the day.

If the number is lower than expected, I step on one more time just to be sure. 

My day is not really ruled by the number. My mood isn't up or down. 
What that number does for me is help to keep the food I eat in check. If the number is low, well that can help motivate me to keep it that way. If it is high, well that makes me think twice about my food and exercise choices. 

Neither one is fool-proof. 

What role does the Flat Chested Hooker play in your life? Tell me, I really want to know.

Here are my numbers for this week:
Start: 277
Last week: 171.0
This week: 173.6

I didn't believe the number when I saw it last week, so this isnt' really a surprise. Just keep on swimming.

6 comments:

  1. Can't say how it normally swings as I've seen both aspects of the spectrum... but definitely affects my eating as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't weigh myself every day...usually only once or twice a week and NEVER on a Monday (I retain fluid from weekend mishaps). If the scale shows a number that I don't like I promptly call it a twatwaffle while flipping it off. Ha ha, I have never told anyone that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I weigh myself every day. In the AM before I get dressed for work. Every once in a while when I am just not in the mood to deal with it I might skip a day. I need to see that number every day because i know how fast I can eat myself out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a little love-hate thing going with the flat chested hooker in my life...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep - I have the same routin. Up, pee, pray for #2, then weigh in. Check the number again. write it down.

    But in all fairness, I still think that I put too much stock into my little ups and downs. Down = happy, Up = unhappy.

    I've been trying to think of the whole process instead of putting so much of my worth into a .2 loss or gain.

    Damn its hard though!

    ReplyDelete