1. My Dave always says "sometimes all you can get done in a day is just surviving." I heard that. I'm just getting by for a day or two. No stressin', not much I can do about it.
2. I'm not good with change. I try to be. I pretend I am. I fake it until I make it. In reality it takes me a good couple of weeks to feel like I’m "on board,” especially when it is adding a new person to my life.
3. We are headed into fall "cow season." It is about to get crazy busy until the middle of October! YAHOOO!
4. I didn't go crazy yesterday after an epic weigh in. Maybe I am growing up?
5. I haven't been feeling well. To bed at 8, anyone? Oh, just me?
6. My students are amazing. They make me laugh and smile every day. Occasionally I have to ask myself "how do they come up with this stuff?"
7. I believe that the students in my class, though struggling in some areas academically, they have an uncanny ability to read people's body language. If you come in my room acting like you are about to get eatin' alive by mad monsters of the west coast, you are probably right. And I will sit back with some
8. Feels nice to semi have my head on straight over this weight loss business. Must be the routine I'm back in and all that jazz. I've kinda found my happy place again. I always know I'm in a good spot when I can eat just ONE cookie and be done. I learned about not excluding foods in "Lorie world" the hard way. IT WAS NOT PRETTY!
9. Everyone once in a while I want to be really unprofessional and roll my eyes when someone says something stupid. I always think of my Mom when she used to say "Your eyes are going to get stuck like that." Sometimes it stops me, sometimes it doesn't.
10. I realized just this week that I had started to be "more serious." I think that it was noticeable to me because it was a forced, unnatural change, like I just thought "alright lady, you need to grow up." Well, that isn't going to happen. I don't have the energy to be something I'm not and being serious is just too much dang work.