Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A fill, and another NSV!

Oh- yeah, NSV's (Non scale victories) never get old.

1. My lap-band lady (Hey Amy) gave me a fill today. Said it is easier to find the port because I'm getting skinny. (Now, I'm not skinny-yet) but it is nice for a medical professional to be happy with my weight instead of worried I'm going to drop dead any second. Or that awkward "you need to lose a little weight talk." :) I'm one happy girl.
 1a. I gave Amy some of my "cards" to give out. I really want to get a support group going. I know a lot of you say yours has been very helpful in your success with lap band.

2. I biked for 18 miles tonight. 12 (ish) miles per hour. Kicking butt and taking names. Last fall I could make it about 6 (maybe) before I thought I was going to die.

3. I shared my lap band story today. Gave out a card (yeah, i'm official like that.) I just want everyone to know there is a tool that will help you. That you can lose the weight, do everything you ever dreamed of doing, but that it won't BE EASY!

All things in moderation, and I'm doing AWESOME!

It is so good to be back, to be out of the dumps and slumps! :)

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Good job Miss Lorie! Tell us more about these cards that you hand out (maybe I missed it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biking=crushing it~ Do I smell a tri coming - biking/running now...maybe swim?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Vanessa's idea! So proud of you for sharing your story with others. Hope the support group works out. :)

    ReplyDelete