Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sugar demons

Before the lap-band I like sweets, but I could pass on them. My #1 fav thing was carbs (and Pepsi, I loved Pepsi more than mothers love their new borns.)  I didn't matter how I was getting them, I just loved em. YUMMY.

Well, with the band, my hungar for carbs as slowly waned. I can still eat bread and pasta, etc. Just way smaller portions than I did before and as long as my band isn't being fickle.

Now? I'd rather pass on real food and just have a treat. Can anyone say ice cream? How about ice cream with Butterfingers in it? It is better than Christmas to my inner chubby. Or Kit Kat's, skittles, M&M's, gummy bears, brownies, cake... well you get the idea.

The funny thing is? I didn't even realize this was happening (all things food and weight related seem to happen in slow motion to me.) Anyway, my Granny was serving up homemade chicken noodle soup and rolls and I passed and ate a Zebra cake instead? What? It is a true story. Since then I've know that I need to get a better handle on my SUGAR DEMONS! (Now, don't point fingers, I haven't been indulging it as much as I'd like, the scale would tell on me, but I have been eating more than I should.) So I'm commiting to a 30 day sugar fast. I'm not talking about the sugar in bread or ketchup, just straight up junk food.
 I feel like if I don't get a handle on it, when I'm out of school for the Summer it will become a serious problem and may even cease weightloss or assist with weight gain.

This is serious... I'm creating a sticker chart and everything. For reals, hey, I like stickers, and charts. I'll report in frequently.

This starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment