Really people? Really? This one frustrates me because it makes me think that people assume the band is doing all the work. I'm going to live like a person. Stop obsessing over EVERY SINGLE calorie and what nutrients it contains when it goes in my mouth. I might even be a rebel and not write down everything I eat, every day. I'm still going to make healthy food choices. I'm still going to run and Zumba!
2. How much more do you want to lose? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind sharing. You can know my weight now, my weight a week ago, my weight when I started. The thing I hate is when someone thinks they get to say "that is too much." Until you've seen me naked, you don't get to say. I have people on skinny watch, I'll trust them if they say i'm too skinny. I'm still in obese category for heck sake. I think my body will tell me when I get there. In my mind right now, I want to maintain between 135-145. I don't think this is unrealistic.
3. How does the band work? Well here is the skinny (I'm funny, right?) It is a band around the top portion of my stomach, creating a small pouch, it is adjustable via a port located just under the skin in my abdomen area, then a PA or someone with an acronym for a job title can add or remove fluid to adjust the tightness of the band. It (in the best case scenario) will never be removed. I seriously hope to still have it when I'm 80, with not complications. (Hey, it is my fantasy, don't question.)
4. How are you losing the weight? Well, I exercise 5 times a week (ok, ok at least 4), I count calories and protein and I have a little tool called the lap band, helps with portion control, and thats about it. Unless you eat a slider food (slider food is something even a banded person can eat copious amounts of. Examples: ice-cream, cold cereal, pretty much any kind of candy. these vary for every person, every band)
5. Why can you eat different amounts/ types of food than my other banded friend/cousin/sister/neighbor? Well, because everyone's band is different. I can eat just about anything except doughy bread. I don't know if we each keep our bands at different fill levels and that makes a difference, or if each band is just fickle? I'm telling you, I don't have any proof, but when the weather changes my band basically zips shut!
6. Would you do it again? A million times over... a billion times over. I'm living! I'm not the "fat girl" everywhere I go. Not because others made me feel that way, because I did it to myself. Don't tell Dr. K- but I'd pay double too! For my health this is the best thing I have ever done for myself.