Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Road Not Taken

I'm finding that my weight loss journey is inter connect to many of the issues i've always had... and generally ignored with a fierceness! I'm also learning other truths, and I think, finding that there are many things I need to come to terms with.

1. I need to always remember that I'm grateful for prayers that are answered with a resounding "NO" or "not now."
2. I will spend the rest of my life battling food. I'm hopeful that the day will come when I "eat to live" and not "live to eat." because right now, I truly "live to eat." It is slowly killing me...
3. I want love more than anything and being skinny won't guarantee it... do you think that it will increase my chance? I hope so; it has been a long dry streak. hahahaahh
4. I'm afraid I'll never love myself enough to expect someone to love me; like I think it should be.
If you always do, what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten. Unknown

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment