Monday, May 19, 2014

16 weeks pregnant

Where has the time gone?

I had my 16 week check up today and everything looks good. I got to hear the heartbeat again and something different.

It was the pitter patter of little baby Meeks moving around in there. It was seriously amazing and made me realize just how serious of a miracle this is.

I did have to weigh in… I’m telling you my scale said 205 this morning and the doctors read 210.

I cried. Big tears. Squint your eyes and die tears. I just couldn’t believe it.

I know the first problem was that I haven’t been exercising. I just don’t have the “get up and go” when I get home.

Second, I am drinking too many calories.

Third, I need a bit of fluid in my band.

So I had .4 added today. Taking me back to what I was pre-pregnancy.  I had been at that number for some time and felt comfortable there.  It seems to be great today as well.

I have also committed to only drinking water.  That is taking care of two of the three. So that is my baby step for now.

On a better note, I went horse riding on Saturday. I was a little nervous because the last time I rode the muscles in my stomach or SOMETHING made me ache. I felt horrible.

Saturday was a much better experience. I enjoyed the day with my parents and Greg. It was kinda cool for it to just be the 4 of us because that rarely happens.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

THIS IS THE LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL BEFORE SUMMER VACATION! ONLY 4 MORE DAYS! YAHOOOO!

5 comments:

  1. My docs scale is ALWAYS 5 lbs more than my home scale... what's the deal with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really been 16 weeks already? Almost half way there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My scale does that bullsh*t too. lol. You are not alone ...AND you are creating life, so cut yourself some slack woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doctor office scales don't count! And...I never was banded and pregnant but I have been pregnant and you never get that time again to justify an ice cream sundae at 1am. So ENJOY and don't be too hard on yourself =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late to the party, but CONGRATS!!!! Babies are so excited!!!

    Just worry about that little one, and take care of your weight after you give birth! It's hard, I know, but trust me, numbers on the scale don't mean shit during pregnancy! Healthy babies mean more! Just start walking or whatever, that'll help! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete