Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday

Start weight: 277
Last week: 178
This week: 178

Total loss: 99

Low- 162... this is an elusive number.

I did accomplish something big today, I made it to work without stopping for a Sprite and without eating a donut.

I'm calling it a win.

Talk about being  slow learner. I couldn't figure out why all I wanted to do in the mornings (I was obsessing about it) was stop and get a Sprite. With a straw and a bunch of ice.

What was different this year than had been for the past two school years? Before I only had a Sprite occasionally, as a treat, and then I'd move on.

Well I finally figured it out, before I had ALWAYS grabbed two bottles of water and drank one while I was getting ready and one while I was driving to school.

The key for me is to drink WATER before I get thirsty, not wait until I am thirsty. When I have that "I'm thirsty feeling" I always want to drink a Sprite, it is my first thought and I just can't seem to get past it.

So, Lorie, drink water when you first wake up. Check.

I'm taking a number from Vanessa and being kind to myself. Taking baby steps.

Texas and I went for a ride on the road bikes last night and had so much fun!

2 comments: