I've turned into that person that complains about having 20 pounds to lose. There was a time not very long ago that I would have been CRAZY giddy over ONLY having 20 pounds to lose. I would look at people and think it is just 20 pounds get going.
You can't talk the weight off.
You have to do something.
I will. I am. On it. Does anyone have a rope to tie up the sugar deamon? EEK!
I gotta get my shit together, and even as I wrote that I thought *Maybe Monday.* What is wrong with me?
Really, life is good and though I want to lose 20 more pounds and I will (I know how) I spent yesterday and the day before hanging out with awesome people and feeling great in my clothes, in my skin, and NOT having to huff and puff across the feed yard.
This is what the banded life is about for me. LIVING. Feeling comfortable, moving. It isn't the same as watching that scale go down every week (MAN THAT IS REWARDING.) It is about not letting weight hold me down anymore. It is about never going back to this spot:
I still remember how miserable I was this day. NO MORE!
I'm doing my TTT tonight, because I've got a crazy busy day planned for tomorrow.
1. Tomorrow is the last day of that training... yahoo! I will not eat one single cookie tomorrow. I will not.
2. Shout out to my friend Miki. Got me out the door after a long a$$ day and to the gym.
3. I'd like to thank my legs and lungs for packing me over 3 miles tonight after I've neglected them for far too long.
4. I got a some serious blisters from said run.
5. I can't believe how good exercise makes me feel... why-oh-why do I let it slip from my routine?
6. I'm spending the weekend chasing cows, I'll think of you Vanessa!
7. I had an epiphany today... I start avoiding things like running or exercise in general because I think that I have to start over just because I got lax for a day or two for four weeks. Let me explain. When I started "running" it was at 45 sec intervals and I felt like death, it was hard. It wasn't very much fun and it was very painful reminding me of all the days in 6th grade gym class. Any time I get off course I automatically think back to that pain. I think that I will have to start there again. The truth is I DON'T HAVE TO START OVER. Even if I take a step or two back, if I put on a pound, even 10 pounds, I am not the girl I was when I started this journey. I have knowledge and that knowledge is POWER. I am not perfect, but I am powerful.
8. Did you read thisarticle that LBG posted? If you didn't, do... go... now... it changed the way I think about my band. Yep, 16 months post-op and I finally pinpointed what I've been trying to figure out.
9. What songs are on our play list for work outs?
10. Now I'm just "groping in the dark" (this is seriously something the presenter said today and it was all I could do not to giggle like the 12 year old girl I still am on the inside) to get 10!
I kind of thought I was done with NSV's it just kind of seemed like I am living the new "norm" for me and the new stuff just wasn't there anymore.
Guess what? One happened... TODAY!
I've been attending a conference for the past two days. Tomorrow is the last day.
The first day I completely let my boredom get the best of me and I pretty much ATE my way through the day. Some of it premeditated because I took the stuff crap food with me. The other, well it just happened because the food was there and available.
Last night I identified was was different. I am no longer a "sitter" just sitting around all day is no longer what I WANT, it is hard. I fidget, I wiggle, I doodle, it is just darn near impossible for me to just sit.
Who knew? It used to be one of my favorite activities.
I may not be at goal, but I have come so FAR!
Weigh-in today was 166.8 or some such thing. Nothing to get too excited about, but at least it isn't going up! :)
1. I gotta sacrifice some sleep unless I want my belly to enlarge.
So true it is painful.
3. When I start to feel like my life is out of control. That I am not accomplishing anything. That nothing is working out, I realize that I'm focusing on all the things that I can't change. All of those things that are out of my control. Then, when I refocus, do what I can do: make pretty good food choices, WORK OUT (with intensity), then I find happiness. My heart is peaceful and I am content.
4. Sometimes people are so STUPID they can't find their ass with both hands. DRIVES ME CRAZY!
5. I had Reeces for breakfast. No joke.
6. I've been letting other "drinks" float back into my life. I won't let this become a habit.
7. I really want to take all of my cash and buy new clothes.
8. I won't do number 7 because I am seriously boring for my age.
9. I will leave you with some pictures from my summer adventures.