Tuesday, January 31, 2012
So I'm just finishing up about 12 hours of work. No joke. And we have been short handed because of the ladies are sick. Not good... pretty much just crazy (now, I know I'm a little crazy because I have been having fun.) Then tonight and tomorrow night we have Parent-teacher conferences. Makes for some long days for Miss Lorie. Yawn, i'm tired.
So, back to the point of this post. I didn't get out of bed this morning and run, yawn, I'm tired. So here it is almost 8 pm and I haven't got my exercise in... bring out the excuses.
1. I ate really well today, it won't hurt to skip a workout. (Seriously, I packed breakfast, lunch and dinner. Go me.)
2. I chased kids all day. That is a workout, right?
3. I'm tired, yawn.
4. It is late.
5. I haven't seen my dog kids all day (yes, I love them, a lot).
6. This list of BS goes on and on.
Now if you didn't catch this post read HERE. Any who, can I really not go get my butt on that treadmill after writing a post like that? I think not. Thanks for keeping me accountable ladies. I'm going to do it. Not because it is easy, or sounds hella fun right now, but because I AM COMMITTED!
But I AM SO TIRED! YAWN.
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 6:37 PM
Monday, January 30, 2012
Well I had a decent weekend. Not stellar but better than usual. Problem is the scale read 191. Now, for once I'm not going to beat myself up about this. It is TOM and I'm technically down 1.2 from last Monday. Gonna kick it in the butt this week and see if I can permanently make it out of the 190's. (They have been much more difficult to kick than the 200's )
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 7:01 AM
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Friday, January 27, 2012
Failing to plan is planing to fail! :)
Truth is, my head has been hella hungry all darn day! All darn day! Haven't done terrible, haven't done great!
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 5:55 PM
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Well, I'm going to let you in on a little secret she doesn't eat like that all of the time, or spend all of her time on the couch... because if she did, she wouldn't be the skinny girl shoveling food at the party, but the chubby pretending like she always only drinks water and eats a salad. (I know because I've been
What sparks this? Check out this post from Lap Band Gal and all the awesome comments: Am I full of Sh*t? This post really got me thinking and analyzing how sometimes I bet my words don't match what people see.
The truth is 90% of the time I'm on track, counting calories, watching protein, staying away from desserts. When am I most likely to break these rules? When I'm out with friends at a party or some sort of celebration.
Examples: 1. 90%- I always drink water. I love it, and it is actually my beverage of choice.
10%- I will have a hot chocolate, or a glass of lemonade. (I'd actually say this is more like 2%-really, I love water)
2. 90%- Protein first then veggies.
10%- Pizza then cake
3. 90%- Running-biking-some kind of drench my fat in sweat kinda activity.
10%- Couch, movie, sweats!
4. 90% no dessert.
10% dessert the size of my head, or butt, depending on what is available.
I remember watching that skinny girl and envying her. Cursing my bad genetics and knowing that she got all the luck because she could eat like a pig. The truth is, that is a lie. There is work to be done to be healthy and there isn't anyway around it. Now when I see the slim girl enjoying herself at a party I know that Saturday morning she will be pounding the pavement, making her body hurt!
Moral of the story- don't justify your food choices by some other persons. You never know what their "actual" day looks like.
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 3:34 PM
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Anyway, ever had a day when FAT CRACK surrounds you all day? Come on, you all know what i'm talking about- Peanut butter cake, Nutty Bars, Butterfinger, fruit snacks, chips... nasty Goldfish crackers. Thats how you know you are just jonesin' (is that even how it is written?) for a fix, Goldfish crackers? Come on!
So I turned down that fake peanut butter cake during our lunch period, it looked good but my friend assured me it wasn't. I then went to fill my water around 1:00 and those dang lunch ladies had kindly offered up that FAT CRACK as a gift to the teachers. Then when I get to my parents to let the girls run, and to run myself, Mom had been to the store with my adorable nephew, no one can tell no... leading to all the other FAT CRACK!
So all day long I've been repeating to myself "INDULGING IN FAT CRACK LEADS TO A FATTER CRACK." I will not feed the inner chubby... I will not! Peace out 190's (Well hopefully)
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 6:54 PM
Monday, January 23, 2012
Here is the advice:
1. Amber and her conviction that anyone can run, anyone.
1a. Amber she always tells me when the butt sagging pants are out of control.
2. Sheleah when she said "tell yourself you're going to get up each day and nourish your body." this reminded me that this isn't a diet. It is how I'm LIVING.
3. Erin when she told me "running is 90% mental." I always remind myself of that when I want to quit.
4. Amy when she put into words what I couldn't "Wow Lorie I think that's awesome! I'm glad that you're so open about having the surgery. I was always so afraid that people would view it as "cheating" or that I was too lazy to do it on my own and so my biggest fear was people finding out about it. The one thing that I hope everyone learns from you is that it is still hard work and you still have to be very disciplined. Lapband is not a cure...it's a tool and sometimes the easiest things for you to eat are the wrong things. Granted I have never been the whole exercise guru that you are, but it was still a long hard journey! And one that I have never regretted even with some of the side effects that come with it. I'm so proud of you and I wish you the best! You go girl!!!"
5. Jolynn and Jolene, thanks for always letting me talk about my big ole butt!
6. Mom, Dad, sister, brothers! The support and advice through all the hard life changes! Il admit, I haven't always been a sweetheart!!
7. Holly... Remember when you told me "that feeling of death is what we are looking for" well it frequently gets me going-started-finished-:) Thanks!
8. Amy, for giving me much needed fills and advice about the band. I think she has been more helpful than my surgeon was!
9. Paul, for saying (way before I started loosing weight, or was even thinking about it) to a girl that wasn't me. "Good for you for doing something about your weight, instead of just sitting around talking about it." Isn't that true? GET UP AND GET TO CHANGING!
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 5:37 PM
Thursday, January 19, 2012
2. I'm doing a 12 week training thing for my 1/2 marathon. This is my 3rd week on WEEK ONE. Hold the applause.
3. Work was hard today.
4. Mini cow training is coming along. They don't sit and roll over yet, but I have faith they will get there.
5. Running 3 miles is not nearly as hard as it used to be. I'll run 13 miles just you wait and see. (I might walk the point 1.)
6. I read a post today (I can't remember who posted it, so please claim it if it is yours.)That with all the banded SUPERSTARS that are in this wonderful blog land, it is easy to forget that we are ROCKING this weightless business. Seriously, we rock. And we are refusing to be a statistic.
7. I think I've been in or on my first plataue. I DON'T LOVE IT but, I'm not giving up.
8. I'm still out on plastics (I know I have a long time before I need to decide.... Guess it will just depend on how bad things get.)
9. I'm glad tomorrow is fun Friday. Sometimes I just need to get back to the basics with my kiddos. :) what to do? What to do?
10. I got myself a Garmin 405. That's right I'm excited about something to work out. Kickin butts (yep plural) and taking names. I'm going to run outside with it Saturday. Unless we get some Vernal weather. Like, you know, -32 or something.
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 6:59 PM
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
- You don't have kids.
- I can't run.
- You have the lap-band.
- I don't have money for the gym.
- I have too many other commitments.
- I have a life.
- I just don't have the time.
- I work.
- I just don't like it.
- I have bad knees, ankles, butt... i've heard it all.
- I'll start tomorrow, Monday... February.
- (Insert your own excuse here.)
Now I'm not perfect, and there are
I have my own list of excuses, ready?
- My muscles are sore.
- I can lose weight without it (though slowly, or maybe not at this point in my journey.)
- It is too cold.
- It is too hot.
- I have dogs that need attention.
- I want to spend time with my family.
- I want to go ...
- I just DO NOT WANNA!
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 7:01 PM
Monday, January 16, 2012
I'm moving weigh in day back to Monday. Reason? I can't be trusted on the weekends.
Monday weight: 194.0
Friday weight: 191.6
Gain of 2.4 pounds.
I'm changing the ticker and everything. This is for real.
Calling to get a fill tomorrow and I'm evaluating some things. I'll be back later with my game plan.
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 6:48 AM
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Now do you wanna know what I consider "girl shit?" 1. halter breaking my new mini belted steers 2. moving couches 3. biggest bon fire ever (there was a boy in charge of this so i'll call this boy/girl shit.) Girl Shit gets to be whatever I want... and it is just fun to say. Come on, next time someone asks you what you've been doing just reply with "girl shit." VERY FUNNY!
Now you may ask what this post has to do with weight loss, pretty much nothing. I'm scheduling a fill because I'm tired of eating my way through the weekends. Essentially just dieting during the week. I've been stuck in the 191-3's for what feels like forever and I'm getting out! :) Upping the workouts this week and cutting out some of the calorie crazy food I've been eating.
NSV- I'm wearing 11/12 pants:)
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 2:27 PM
Friday, January 13, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
2. I think I might need a fill in this ole' band of mine, but I feel like I've been in an out a million times the last couple of weeks....
3. I went public with my journey this week. Different.
4. I'm almost obsessed with reading all your blogs. I just barely keep it in check.
5. I love my job. Seriously, love it.
6. I do better with food choices when I'm at school. (One of my students said today "Miss Lorie, you just love M & M's, don't you?" So better, not perfect.
7. I can barely limit myself to two gummy viatmins. They taste almost exactly like a gummy bear... and well, enough said.
8. I love the movie "Pretty Woman." Random right? I'm watching it right now.
9. I've been a terrible dog owner this week. I bet they both have an add in the paper "Great dogs, seeking new human, our sucks."
10. I've only ran twice this week. How does this happen?
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 6:43 PM
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Anyway... I forgot how seriously personal the begining of the blog was. :) Awkward, but real!
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming!
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 7:11 PM
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
I've been repeating this over and over in my head BECAUSE I finally saw 192 on the scale again this morning. We all know what happened after Fridays weigh. Dang I hate losing the same weight twice! Now to lose some more so I can report a loss on Friday!
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 6:53 AM
Monday, January 9, 2012
"I had lap-band"
Yep, thats right ladies, no other explanation. :) Breaking all sorts of rules. I live life on the edge.
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 5:42 PM
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Breakfast 1 Large banana- 120 calories
Breakfast still? 2 servings of crunchy cheeto's- 320 calories.
Lunch: 2 Chicken strips 400 calories
White Gravy- 200 calories
Hot Chocolate- 112 Calories
Snack? (Who knows) 2 cups fruit loops- 220 calories
Finished the cheeto's 2 servings- 320 calories
Dinner: 3 (YES 3 FREAKING SLICES) pizza - 840 HUGE calories
2 brownies- 200
For a total of 2,733 calories.
Can you imagine? What go into me? The scale said 195.5 this morning. I'm going to have to do some major, major damage control in the next couple of days.
I thought I was so in control of the food I was consuming, guess old habits die hard.
Recovering (hopefully) food addict.
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 7:35 AM
Friday, January 6, 2012
Nothing like a loss on the scale to start the year off right.
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 7:02 AM
Thursday, January 5, 2012
1. My body has been rebelling against me tonight. I think I may be pushing the running a little too much. (I just want it documented here, because one day it will be easy, and I don't want to forget how far I've came. Running 3 miles @ 5 mph is really hard for me right now. I just want to remember that one day something will be easy that used to be REALLY FREAKING HARD!) I'm thinking I may need to up my calories a little. Which my fat mind is rebelling against. (Last night I ran so hard that I couldn't eat dinner, every single thing I thought of made me want to hurl.)
2. I'm thankful my parents have a treadmill, so I can think about hurling at home. (Some people hate the treadmill, I like it. To me, hell would be doing 15 laps on the tiny track at our local rec center for 1 MILE! I'd lose track before I got to 45.)
3. I think I may be slightly addicted to my phone. No good.
4. I got new glasses... and I love them.
5. I'm going to post on what a typical "day of eating" for me is like ... sometime.
6. Running is my favorite form of torture. Just always feels like the best work out for me.
7. I struggle getting 5 days a week of exercise in. I'm really good at 4, maybe 3. 5 I have to work at. Especially if they are going to be meaningful.
8. The bike tonight made my woman "bits" fall asleep. Thought I was going to fall over before I could get feeling back.
9. I went shopping last Saturday (had to take money out of savings to pay my gas bill) but got new clothes and they have been fabulous.
10. It must be the clothes that fit because the ladies at work have been going crazy this week. "Shrinking woman" has been tossed around. Someone today also commented on how much water I drink. I thought "you ought to see how often i have to run to the bathroom."
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 6:05 PM
Monday, January 2, 2012
I've had the last 12 days off and I have enjoyed them... maybe a little too much! hehe
Just like Athena Banded Warrior wrote HERE, i'm not the same person I was last year. I'm not going to climb in a hole and eat the rest of the year away. I'm getting back on track (which to the old me I hadn't even spent the last 12 days "off track").
Things I did right:
1. Drank water, and pretty much only water. I don't drink alcohol, and other beverages just don't seem to hold their appeal anymore.
2. Portion size pretty much under control (except going overboard with a little pizza one night).
Things I did wrong:
1. High calorie food choices/ meals that were not planned out.
2. Not moving enough.
I just got done running and i'm ready to finish out this week with a loss (which will mean I have to get the 1 pound gain, since las Friday, back off the scale and then some.)
Isn't it nice to not just be changing our bodies, but the way we look at life?
Love it! :)
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 6:16 PM
Sunday, January 1, 2012
I was wearing a 42 DD and am now wearing a 36 C.
Her face was priceless! I'm excited about having a bra that fits. A little sad that weight has to come from my chest.
Posted by ~Miss Lorie~ at 7:30 PM